Poodles rank high amongst the dog breeds that are preferred to be kept as pets. Their popularity is a result of their size, aesthetic appearance, and most importantly their trait of being hypoallergenic.
These aspects can differ when it comes to Poodle Mixes or Doodle Dog Breeds due to the varying genetic mix. Following are some of the popular poodle mixes and their traits:
1. Goldendoodle And Golden Moutain Doodle
Goldendoodles are a mix between Golden Retrievers and Poodles. These teddy bear-like dogs are extremely intelligent and have proven to be extremely loyal. Alongside this, their curly coat sheds less which is why they are hypoallergenic and are the perfect pick for individuals dealings with allergies.
Among the doodle breeds, the Golden Mountain Doodle shares traits similar to those of the Goldendoodle. The only element that differs is that they are a mix between a Golden Retriever, Bernese Mountain Dog, and a Poodle. They are formed when Goldendoodles are bred with Berne doodles. They often have a tri-color coat which increases their popularity.
2. Berne Doodle And Australian Berne Doodle
The Berne doodle breed is a mix between the Poodle and Bernese Mountain Dog breeds. These dogs are extremely friendly and are known to adapt well to different environments. They are smart dogs that can survive well in cold temperatures as well.
Another dog breed with a similar name is the Australian Berne doodle but this differs slightly as it is a mix between the Bernese Mountain Dog and the Australian Labradoodle. However, these dogs are also extremely friendly and adaptable and are a good pick for first-time dog owners.
3. Labradoodle And Australian Labradoodle
When a Labrador Retriever and Standard Poodle breed, the Labradoodle breed is formed. Being one of the most popular mixed breed dogs, the Labradoodles socialize really well and can fit in amongst children and adults alike. As a result of their mix, they are not only intelligent but are strong as well. Labradoodles are also hypoallergenic dogs.
It is often assumed that Australian Labradoodles are the same as Labradoodles but they vary slightly due to their genetic mix. The Australian Labradoodles are a mix between the Poodle, Labrador Retriever, and Cocker Spaniel.
These are said to be the perfect service dogs because not only are they one of the fastest-growing doodles but are also easily trainable. They are non-aggressive and athletic dogs that remain extremely friendly. Due to their poodle genes, these dogs don’t shed a lot of hair either.
4. Double Doodle
This is a slightly complicated mix of dogs. The Double Doodle is a fairly new dog breed and is a mix of two doodles. So when two Doodles such as the Labradoodle and Goldendoodle breed, the Double Doodle is formed. As a whole, these dogs contain the genes of three dog breeds. Regardless of the large gene pool, Double Doodles look and act like standard Doodle breeds. They too are hypoallergenic and are friendly dogs.
Schnoodles are a mix between Poodles and Schnauzers. These are also hypoallergenic and are family-oriented dogs. They usually have a fluffy, curly coat that doesn’t shed as much and usually has a bi-color due to their Poodle genes. These energetic dogs are easy to train and are great to have around for people of all ages. They are entertaining but are calm at the same time which is why they make the perfect pets.
6. Ausiepoo, Cavapoo, Maltipoo, Cockapoo, And Havapoo
Understanding these dog breeds can often be troublesome due to their similar names but it isn’t all that hard.
There are a few standard traits that they all share. Like most Poodle mixes, these dogs are all extremely friendly and do not shed as much hair. Furthermore, they are intelligent and extremely easy to train. The variations that exist amongst these dogs affect their appearance and their different genetic mixes are the reason for that.
- Ausiepoos are medium-sized dogs and are a mix between the Australian Shepherd and the Poodle. While they possess all the aforementioned traits of Poodles, their coats have many different colors. The four standard colors are red merle, blue merle, red and black.
- Cavapoos are a mix between the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and the Poodle breed. These dogs are considered to be one of the more attractive Poodle mixes and are often preferred by individuals for the same reason. There is coat is more on the wavy side and can have several colors. These include black, tan, cream, apricot, and even a mix of these colors.
- The Maltipoo dog breed is a mix between the Maltese and Poodle dog breeds. These dogs usually have a wavy or curly coat and are as friendly as any other Poodle mix. Maltipoos have different variations depending on their size. The Teacup Maltipoo is the smallest form of a Maltipoo with an average weight of 10lbs while the Standard Maltipoo will have an average weight of 10lbs as an adult dog.
- These Cockapoos are a mix between the Cocker Spaniel and a Miniature Poodle and were initially mixed to become designer dogs. As adults, their average weight does not exceed 24lbs. Their coat type can differ. It can be curly, wavy, and even flat. Regardless of this, they still shed less and are also hypoallergenic dogs.
- Havapoo dogs are a mix between the Havanese dog and the Standard Poodle. They possess all of the standard qualities of Doodles and can be found in multiple colors. They have a curly coat which can be of grey, white, black, red, and even brown color.
All in all, Doodles or Poodle mixes are great as pets. These premier pups are often on sale and can be purchased easily. Not only are these dogs beautiful but are extremely friendly and easy to train. They are not very dangerous but are energetic dogs hence, entertaining to have around. Their coat sheds less making all of them hypoallergenic making it easier for individuals with allergies to keep them as pets.